Section #1 - Posting and Forums1) Do not post explicit stuff on the site (we have kids here) and especially, not on the front page because then Google's going to flag us, and that's not good.
2) Do not spam.
3) Always check the date of the last post in a thread, and if it is older than 2 weeks, do not bump it, unless it is very important, or you are the author of that thread and want to share something new.
4) Do not quote a very long post (especially if it has lots of pics) just to say 'Cool' or 'OK'. If you do quote something very long, make sure your post is also longer than 3 sentences. Also, quoting 1 pic is OK, maybe even two (if they're small), but don't exaggerate, we don't want to see the same stuff over and over again. This also applies to quoting your own post due to a new page. The "Previous page" button exists for a reason, and we are all capable of using it.
5) No stupid / obvious questions like "Why are tracks only for MWM ?" Because it is, OK ? You try answering to us why you don't have 3 arms or something...
6) Make sure you always post in the appropriate forum section.
7) No 'Yay, my 1st post' style posts allowed.
8) Do not make threads with stupid names like 'PLZ HALP !!!111111'. A thread like that will probably be ignored, and in some cases deleted.
9) Don't write in caps all the time.
10) DO NOT POST Beta Pictures/Info/etc. UNLESS given PERMISSION!
Section #2 - Downloads1) Do not take mods or other stuff from other people and pretend it is yours.
2) Do not post mods that are not yours unless you have permission.
3) Exclusive mods stay exclusive mods. Do not post stuff labeled as exclusive to GOM on other websites, unless you receive the author's consent or the author decides himself to post it somewhere else. If we find GOM mod(s)/download(s) posted on some other site, without the author's consent, we reserve the right to ban the user who posted the mod(s)/download(s) on the other site, if he has an account on GOM and if the author of the mod agrees.
4) Do not submit fake downloads. You will be banned for a determined amount of time.
5) Do not submit mods that already exist in our downloads section. Please check before you submit. Thank you.
6) No Warez please
7) Do not ask about release dates, or ask people to give you item that are not publicly available. It's considered harassment and it's a bannable offense.
8) No "first" comments. Seriously, nobody cares.
Section #3 - Netiquette1) Do not insult and/or harass other users (this includes moderators and admins).
2) No advertising on this site (forums, shoutbox) unless you do it with the consent of Singh, the owner of the site.
3) Do not post error.log entries in the shoutbox. The Shoutbox is a sort of chat for the GOMsters.
4) This one is very important. Always use SEARCH before posting and/or asking a question. It is located in the upper right corner of the page next to 'Register'. It is also useful for searching for a specific mod.
5) No mod requests. If you want a car/engine/rimpack or whatever made, do it yourself. Although occasionally modders might ask for ideas. In that case you are allowed to post, but that does not mean that it will be made.
6) No explicit material - Posting explicit material in the forums / main page / shoutbox will result in severe punishments or permanent or temporary banning.
7) Any racist/Nazi-era power glorifying behavior shall result in banning.
Section #4 - Accounts1) Signatures must not be bigger than 700x180 pixels, and only one signature per user is allowed. You are allowed to have a maximum of 4 userbars. If you want more userbars, animate them because GIF is allowed. Also you may use 'random' tags. Example :
[random]image with tags 1|image with tags 2| image with tags 3[/random]2) NO HTML in your signature at all, It wont work to begin with.
3) Do not create multiple accounts, no matter why you're doing it. It could get you permanently banned !
4) Administrators reserve their right to ban accounts in case there is something wrong with them
5) Feel free to customize your account, but within the limits of decency. We have kids here too.
6) Please choose a appropriate user name. If you are unsure PM a admin and they can redirect you to someone who can change your name.
In other words - BEHAVE LIKE A HUMAN
Failure to follow the rules can result in banning and/or deletion of the account.
GOM-TEAM Administrators and Moderators have the right to edit the rules without notifying other users.
GOM-TEAM Administrators and Moderators have the right to edit members accounts if they feel its breaking the rules.
GOM-TEAM Administrators and Moderators have the right to edit members posts if they feel its breaking the rules.
GOM-TEAM is not responsible for the individual messages posted by our members.
Tags: No tags